Wednesday, November 24, 2010

inconvenient love

via

i was on my way home from a busy day at work.


i was tired.


ready to relax on the couch.


my phone rings.


it's my babe.


then the dreaded question is asked...


"can you do me a favor?"


"do you a favor? i'm so tired, you do ME a favor!" is what I thought.


"ok, i guess," is what i said.


"can you bring me my headphones, i need them to concentrate..."


"i didn't even get home yet! where are you?"


"at the starbucks near the house, can you just run inside get my headphones and drive them to me, i really need them babe."


"ok, i'll be there soon"


i was not very happy about this, i wanted to go home and stay there.


i'm heading back to my car now, after getting home and enjoying it's comfort for a literal second, this thought enters my mind.


be glad you have a husband to run an errand for.


many people go home, to a comfortable couch after a long, tiring day of work with no one that thinks to call them.


how they wish they could run an errand for a special someone.


and so, as i got back into my still toasty car, i thanked god for the inconvenience of having a family to love.




Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment