Monday, February 21, 2011

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts Official Video

This is a place I rarely visit, as I'm happily married and very loved. But every now and then a memory pops in my mind. I remember the girl I was. I had no voice. I was used and used and never spoke. And if I had a voice I would have said this:

It describes almost to a "t" what it was like to be a girl not understanding her worth in Christ. Not realizing she is beautiful because she is an image bearer of God. Not realizing that what she is looking for in a boy can only be found in Jesus. Not realizing she's a fool to have given her heart to a boy in the first place. Not realizing her folly was paid for.

I forget this part of my life often. When I think back it feels like I'm peeking into someone else's life. Maybe I'm ashamed or guilty, I'm not quite sure as I don't like to linger here. But I am thankful for a God who redeems and heals not because I deserve it but because he loves to love sinners.

....that I will never undersand.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song. Faith is such a wonderful thing.

    love C

    ReplyDelete